One of the most well-liked Apple products are the AirPods, here we will discuss why is one of my AirPods quiet and how to fix it. However, occasionally there are problems with them that must resolve. One frequent problem is that AirPods become quieter or have a lower volume with time.
There could be several causes, but there’s no way to know the root cause without first trying out various things on your own. Today, we will discuss why is one of my AirPods quiet and how to fix it to cope with this problem.
Reasons Behind My AirPods Quiet And How To Fix It
Many factors can affect how your AirPods sound. Because your iPhone regulates the volume, sometimes the problem is with the phone rather than the earpieces themselves.Additionally, the power of the AirPods may be dwindling too low, which might cause problems with pairing, troubles with various sound settings, or even lower sound quality.
Proceed through the troubleshooting procedures listed below to know why is my AirPods quiet and how to fix it until you find the one that solves the problem if you initially don’t notice any evident issues.
Why Are My AirPods So Low After Cleaning?
The volume of your Apple AirPods may feel too low for several reasons. Don’t worry; most potential issues can be resolved relatively quickly. The volume might not even be the main difficulty. Here’s why is my AirPods quiet and how to fix it and increase the volume of your AirPods so that everything sounds as it should.
Your AirPods are in your ears, which makes it possible for earwax and other debris to go inside. These earphones are minuscule and transmit sound through discrete gaps easily blocked by debris. Although the cleaning procedure can be a little complicated, we have a thorough guide available to assist you.
After cleaning your AirPods, you can try adjusting the volume with your iPhone if it’s still too low. And then it requires a factory reset, which may sound complicated but is not too challenging:
- Open the cover of the charging case while the earpods are inside.
- Open the Bluetooth settings page on your iPhone while keeping the earbuds in the case.
- Click the tiny I icon to the left of “AirPods.”
- After choosing “Forget This Device,” click “Confirm.”
- You may reset the AirPods once your phone has been disconnected from the headset.
- Open the charging case lid and hold the setup button down for approximately 15 seconds (or until the LED flashes amber).
- You can now re-sync your AirPods with your devices after doing this to reset them.
Tips To Fix It When AirPods Are Too Quiet
There are troubleshooting procedures listed below to know why is my AirPods quiet and how to fix it. The majority of these troubleshooting steps for AirPods are quick and easy. Check out each one to see why is my AirPods quiet and how to fix it. If not, proceed to the next probable fix.
- The iPhone’s volume should be increased. The AirPods lack volume control, so you must use your iPhone to regulate the sound level. It’s simple to ignore, so this is an excellent place to start.
- Eliminate Low Power mode. Some non-critical systems may be impacted if the iPhone is in Low Power mode, resulting in audio playing at a lesser volume than usual. Use your AirPods with your iPhone in regular power mode after turning it off.
- Check the battery level of the AirPods to know why are My AirPods Quiet And How To Fix It. The AirPods may act up if their battery is deficient. Retest the audio after topping off the batteries for one or two hours.
- Disable all EQ (equalizer) settings. Even the EQ settings with Booster in the name tend to make audio played over the AirPods sound quieter. It’s preferable to disable the EQ.
- “Reduce Loud Sounds” should be disabled. There might be a setting active that sets a maximum volume cap. You can instantly disable this feature with a few taps: Reduce Loud Sounds in Sounds & Haptics > Headphone Safety by performing the following actions in the Settings app when Reduce Loud Sounds are already deactivated.
- Air out the AirPods. If none of those solutions above resolved the sound issue, the earphones might require a thorough cleaning. The AirPods frequently stay in your ears; thus, earwax builds up on them. Careful cleaning might make a dramatic difference if you observe accumulation.
Does Apple AirPods Lose Volume Over Time?
After some years of use, consumers frequently complain that the sound and music have grown muffled. Don’t panic if you’re having this problem. There might be an easy fix. Many factors can cause the sound coming from Airpods to become muffled.
AirPods sounding muffled is most frequently queried by speaker grilles that are filthy. Apple’s wireless earbuds lay in the ear, and that is a place where earwax and other debris can build up over time. Certain elements may impact sound quality. Other factors include incorrect audio balancing, a lack of Dolby Atmos support, Headphone Safety, and more.
If you have trouble hearing music from your AirPods, you might need to clean the speaker grilles. And for that, you should proceed through the troubleshooting procedures listed below to know why are my AirPods quiet and how to fix it. And for that-
Cleaning Your AirPods
One of the most crucial steps of troubleshooting procedures to know why are my AirPods quiet and how to fix it is cleaning the Airpods.
- You may put some rubbing alcohol on the cotton swab’s tip.
- Remove the silicone ear tips from AirPods Pro and give them a good wash in water.
- The speaker meshes should be gently cleaned with the cotton swab.
- The earwax and debris buildup is made easier to remove by the rubbing alcohol.
- Use a toothpick to remove any debris from the meshes gently.
- You should never remove trash from the speaker mesh with a toothpick.
- A microfiber cloth is treated with rubbing alcohol.
- Use the microfiber towel to clean your AirPods.
- Before putting the AirPods back into the charging case, let them dry.
When your AirPods have been working flawlessly until one day when one suddenly sounds louder than the other, it can be unsettling. It can be challenging to listen to music or make a proper phone call when the audio feels off-balance.
As time goes on, this becomes much more annoying as it affects your productivity. To avoid it, we just gave you some reasons and their solutions. By trying these things, you may protect your phone from this problem. It would help if you went through its troubleshooting procedures to know why are my AirPods quiet and how to fix it.
FAQs: My AirPods Quiet And How To Fix It
Airpods are counted as one of the best Bluetooth sound aid, but sometimes, Airpods may cause some problems. Now we are going to tell some frequently asked questions. These are:
Q. How to Fix Quiet Airpods?
Ans. Follow the troubleshooting procedures listed below to know why are my AirPods quiet and how to fix it
1 Check the volume.
2 Make sure your AirPods are charged.
3 Clean out waxy buildup.
4 Adjust the audio balance.
5 You should disable Low Power Mode on your iPhone or iPad.
6 Turn off headphone safety features.
7 You must try Headphone Accommodations for a quick volume boost.
8 Recalibrate the Bluetooth volume.
Q. How can I reset AirPods to factory settings?
Ans. If nothing works for your query, such as why are my AirPods quiet and how to fix it, reset it. For 15 seconds, you may hold down the Setup button. The status light ought to switch from yellow to white flashing. Put the lid on. You’ve entirely reset your AirPods.
Q. If lost, can AirPods be reset?
Ans. The product can be quickly reset to make it their own if the thief possesses an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent someone else from using your lost or stolen AirPods.
Q. Why do my AirPods never become white?
Ans. While searching for why are my AirPods quiet and how to fix it, your AirPods might stop flashing white; there can be a problem during pairing. Likely, some likely causes include: The AirPods battery is empty.